I’m delighted to welcome Snuggle Wuggle Wee into Mayumi&Me’s growing family!
It’s the first storybook written for Filipino kids introducing them to the concept of breastfeeding as a normal part of raising a baby.
Story Behind the Story*
[It] is about a young girl named Clara who is waiting for her parents to come home from the hospital with her baby brother, Paolo. The story then goes on to describe a family’s closeness and how breastfeeding is just a part of the love that a family shares.
The story was a collaboration among LATCH members and certified peer councilors, Buding Aquino-Dee, Justine Tajonera and Jenny Ong. It took several months, a lot of crafting, and a lot of determination to come out with the book. Part of the creative team is illustrator, Bryan Delfin, who brought a lot of light and made poignant moments come to life in the book.
LATCH believes that breastfeeding isn’t just one of the to-dos on a new mom’s checklist. It is a whole culture that brings mothers closer to their babies and closer to other fellow mothers as well. And what better place to start with culture than in childhood?
The story of breastfeeding is a very old story, as old as humanity itself. But it has come to be taken for granted in an age when technology makes it possible for breastfeeding to be an option rather than the norm. This is why, in the story, the word “breastfeeding” is not mentioned at all. The practice of breastfeeding is part of Clara’s family life. It is something that can only be articulated as love itself, “snuggle wuggle wee” being a code in a close-knit family for that feeling of joy and warmth that comes with breastfeeding.
LATCH invites parents raising avid readers to get a copy of Snuggle Wuggle Wee for their families and their friends’ families this Christmas season.
While Snuggle Wuggle Wee was written for children six years and below, the story is timeless and will surely bring the family closer together.
Mayumi&Me is super happy to be part of this great project! As our New Year treat, we’re giving away 2 SIGNED COPIES!
Terms and Conditions:
- The contest is open to anyone with a delivery address within the Philippines.
- The promo will run from January 10 to 24, 2014.
- Entries must follow the Rafflecopter mechanics below.
- At the end of the raffle period, we well randomly draw 2 winners via the Rafflecopter widget.
- Each winner will receive 1 copy of Snuggle Wuggle Wee signed by the authors.
- An email will be sent to each of the 2 winners within 48 hours after contest ends. Winners must send a response within 48 hours after receiving the notification, otherwise, we’ll draw another winner